Thursday 19 March 2015

Q7 Evaluation

Looking back at the skills I had when I made the preliminary film and to the film I made now I can honestly say my skills have improved majorly. Before when I made the prelim film I had a lack of skills but I lied to myself saying that I could easily make a film. It wasn't even like how i expected. i struggled to make a prelim film. I thought that i knew it all when i really didn't. when my teacher went through all the different types of shots I could honestly say i was shocked. There were so many.

We first stated of with a story board I thought that this would be the quickest part so me and my whole group rushed it because we thought it wasn't so important. However it was apparently it helps you as you are videoing. So the one that we rushed had to get scrapped and we had to start again adding extra detail. We then had to think of a location we chose to do it in the college which was a silly idea as nearly everyone in my class was doing it inside the college. talk about lac of creativity. The filming process was the longest. I thought that you could just go out there record whatever u want and just add them together during the editing process. but it wasn't like that we had to follow the story board and think about different types of shots. close ups, long shots, mid shots, we had to watch out for the 180 rule:


This is what we learned you can only stay on one side of people when they are having a conversation. Fortunately we didn't have to cross this because there were not many if any conversations like this is our film.
However in our proper title sequence we had more experience with editing and filming as we went through specific things in lesson. Like how to edit proper how to do different types of shots. which equipment to use e.g a tripod to get a still shot. In our prelim we did not use a tripod at all we did it free hand this made our film come out shaky and was harder to edit. Whereas in our title sequence we did use a tripod and a fig rig to give us still shots whilst walking. This was extremely useful because if we didn't have it our scenes would be shaky making it look more like a music video than an actually film opening

No comments:

Post a Comment