Tuesday 2 December 2014

Research - Art of the title 4

Are You Afraid of the Dark?

 In this clip the title is the only writing I see. There is a unknown hand holding a lighter which lights up the room. The font is red but as the match stick goes the font turns blue. I think this is to symbolize an important part in the movie, where the match stick plays an important part, ridiculously. This then allows us to see the words Are you afraid? I think this is a good way to open a movie up as it looks quiet interesting and spooky which would get the viewers attention. As this happens I can hear the flame burning. This is also a good use of sound as the sound allows me to have a feel of the heat, due to the fact that I can hear the match burning.
I like this sequence because I thought it looked interesting as I am into horror things.

Too Many Cooks 

However in this clip, they do introduce the characters which I think is good. Reason is because as the viewer I would love to know which actors were in a movie I was watching just in case my favorite actor was acting. It is also helpful in case you wanted to do research on a specific character, you could know their real names to conduct your research. The thing that I disliked most about this clip was that they names every single character in the movie. This could get quiet boring for the viewer as they may want the movie to just start. The font is in yellow which is quiet immature giving the movie a comedic look already which is good if its a comedy. There are also plenty of bright colors which is also childlike and comedic. The sound in the clip is very unusual and humorous as they use special sound effects to create different noises which give the viewer the impression that it is going to be a comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment